Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Kapa Haka

Kapahaka


So we pulled up to Kensington Stadium in Whangarei New Zealand. So me and my mum went up to go get a ticket  got one and then had to wait for the doors to open so that we can go in. So the schedule was running a bit behind so it was 3:30 but we saw the one at 3:00 so we saw an extra one. But when it was time to see Te Rou Pou Manawa o Kawakawa I was really excited as I saw them coming out of the changing room looking amazing all dressed up in their outfits. When Leilani and Otulea came out I was surprised of how good they look for some reason like I knew they were gonna look amazing but they were way more better than I thought. Anyways it was a very interesting way of making the rest of the roopu to come on the stage but it was very unique which is really cool. So they performed and the whole time I was on the edge of my seat. As it kept getting better and better. But then the performance came to an end and it was time to go home as I stood the roopu was walking into the changing rooms to get back into their clothes and I was gonna say hi but it was too late and when we were walking out it was a bit crowded so we had to squeeze through to get out because people were coming and people were going out  but overall it was a really good time and I can't wait for the next one.

So this is my weeks 20 minute writing and this is about the kapa haka roopu Te Rou Pou Manawa o Kawakawa which is Kawakawa Primary School kapa haka 

No comments:

Post a Comment